- Media Library
- News & Events
- Producers Engineers Wing
- GRAMMY U
PNW: PNW Chapter Staff's Top 5 of 2011
We asked our chapter staff for their "Top 5 Music Related Things of 2011." Below you'll find our very varied answers in no particular order. Let us know your 2011 music highlights in the comments!
Caroline Dodge – Production Manager:
1. Wheedle’s Groove at The Stranger’s Genius Awards
2. Vockah Redu at the Trouble Disco Bouncy Ball
4. Rain City Rock Camp for Girls Showcase at Neumos
5. Honkfest at Gasworks Park
Liz Pfriem – Chapter Assistant:
1. Robyn at The Paramount
2. Cairo’s Vibrations Festival in Volunteer Park
3. Shabazz Palaces, Black Up
4. Short lived Voodoo Reverb Project
5. AM 880 KIXI
Amy L. Piñon – GRAMMY U Representative
1. exist†trace at Sakuracon
2. Patrick Stump as a solo artist
3. Composing music in Reason
4. Recording two of my own a cappella songs
5. “Om” – the sound by which the universe was created
Shannon Roach – Executive Director
1. Decibel Festival’s Amon Tobin’s ISAM multimedia immersion performance at the Paramount was like nothing I’ve ever seen. Wow.
2. The Vera Project turned ten, and that’s a pretty big deal for an all-ages venue. Seattle should be proud.
3. I had a great time at K Records’ Helsing Junction Sleepover summer of 2011.
4. The Seattle Symphony has had an exciting year, with fresh artistic vision and a new conductor.
5. Shabazz Palaces’ Black Up is a great album released in 2011. Give it a listen. Or better yet, go see them live.
Michael Stephens – Membership Manager:
1. The Golden Blondes playing at Reverb Fest
2. White Orange playing at MFNW
3. Handsome Furs’ new album
4. Active Child’s new album